Join the nest.
Jobs at Twitter Counter
Twitter Counter is amongst the largest and most likely the best service for statistics and actionable insights into Twitter accounts, powering the account growth and social media success of thousands of customers and millions of users. But hey, that’s only scratching the surface...
We are now growing our team, leveraging our current market position and significantly expanding our service - finding the next big thing in social media management alongside our current successful SaaS product. One deploy at a time we’re leapfrogging towards (social media marketing) world domination!
We believe in technology innovation, agile and lean product development, execution and providing a great customer experience. That’s our competitive edge and it is 100% dependant on each and every member of our tight, dynamic, international and super-talented team.
This is why we insist on having only the right kind of people work with us: talented, passionate and ambitious engineers, marketing and business pros that are after in making an impact and being on a winning team.
Our office is one of the coolest in town - young, fun, central, versatile and with the best view of the Nieuwe Keizersgracht canal.
- An amazing opportunity to join us in this accelerated growth period as one of the core members.
- A small, international (11 different nationalities till now!) and FUN team. To us, it’s more than just a work place.
- Working in the heart of Amsterdam, the hottest coworking office space in town.
- Great personalized lunch delivered by the really fantastic de Buurtboer.
- A swanky, new laptop of your choice. The best tools money can buy.
- We focus on performance, not hours, and so you would be able to occasionally work remotely or at flexible hours.
Medior Backend Developer
As a backend developer in our small team you will be instrumental in researching, refactoring and building our elaborate existing backend platform, built in PHP and MySQL, evolving it into an increasingly modern technological platform, adding value to users and customers, developing internal tools and upgrading documentation, maintainability and scalability.
Our platform is handling large amounts of social data, and your efforts will enable us to handle even more of it. You will be interfacing with social networks APIs, hunting and squashing bugs, assisting our marketers, optimising performance and handling on-going DevOps together with the other team members.
You need to be hard working, curious and driven, extremely execution oriented with a super-strong can-do attitude to be the right person for the job.
This role is to be remote, but you need to be able to work mainly at CET working hours so that our team efficiency is maximized.
Who might be a great fit
- At least 3 years experience in backend web development.
- Strong relational DB experience, preferably MySQL.
- Strong PHP experience
- OOP knowledge.
- Experience with LAMP configuration and maintenance.
- Good debugger using command line tools.
- Good knowledge of version control (Git)
- Lean and agile development as a second nature.
- Independent and responsible; Delivers well with little supervision.
- A good team player.
- Owning a relevant academic degree or an interesting story .
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Experience handling large amounts of data with advanced queries and scripts.
- Modern PHP framework experience (symphony 3, zend, laravel 5).
- NoSQL experience.
- Shell scripting.
- Experience working with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn API’s.
- Experience with the following technologies/ environments: Sphinx, Solr, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Memcached, Varnish, Nginx, Capistrano, GCP.
How to apply
Please hit the button below to apply for this role. Send resume, links to portfolio and a nice letter. We would love to hear from you!Yes! I want to apply!