Join the nest.
Jobs at Twitter Counter
Twitter Counter is amongst the largest and most likely the best service for statistics and actionable insights into Twitter accounts, powering the account growth and social media success of thousands of customers and millions of users. But hey, that’s only scratching the surface...
We are now growing our team, leveraging our current market position and significantly expanding our service - finding the next big thing in social media management alongside our current successful SaaS product. One deploy at a time we’re leapfrogging towards (social media marketing) world domination!
We believe in technology innovation, agile and lean product development, execution and providing a great customer experience. That’s our competitive edge and it is 100% dependant on each and every member of our tight, dynamic, international and super-talented team.
This is why we insist on having only the right kind of people work with us: talented, passionate and ambitious engineers, marketing and business pros that are after in making an impact and being on a winning team.
Our office is one of the coolest in town - young, fun, central, versatile and with the best view of the Nieuwe Keizersgracht canal.
- An amazing opportunity to join us in this accelerated growth period as one of the core members.
- A small, international (11 different nationalities till now!) and FUN team. To us, it’s more than just a work place.
- Working in the heart of Amsterdam, the hottest coworking office space in town.
- Great personalized lunch delivered by the really fantastic de Buurtboer.
- A swanky, new laptop of your choice. The best tools money can buy.
- We focus on performance, not hours, and so you would be able to occasionally work remotely or at flexible hours.
As a backend developer you will be instrumental in developing new features, maintaining the current codebase, squashing bugs, optimising performance and managing DevOps.
You will also be helping us keep our edge by pushing the code to its outermost limits with as little lines as possible, and investigating and implementing big data solutions.
Who we think will be a great fit
- 3+ years experience in backend web development
- Native to PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Linux command line utilities and LAMP configuration/maintenance.
- Good knowledge of version control (Git)
- Lean and agile development as a second nature
- Independently and responsible; Works well with little supervision
- Very fast learner, eager to explore and innovate
- Owning a relevant academic degree or an interesting story
- A good team player who is fun to work with
- Living or want to live in or near Amsterdam
- NoSQL / Big data experience is a big plus
- Experience working with Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn API’s - a plus
How to apply
Please hit the button below to send us an email. In the subject state that you are applying for the Backend developer position, attach your CV, links of work (Github) and tell us about who you are and why this position may be right for you. We would love to hear from you!Send us an email