Twitter is a powerful way to engage in different conversations and build realtionships with your community. And since we are Twitter nerds in love with Twitter, every now and then we like to share interesting facts with each other that we just have to share with you too! Ready?
These are the top ten Twitter facts and figures to share with friends, family, co-workers and of course your Twitter followers in 140 characters or less!
- There are 255 million monthly active Twitter users. (Tweet this).
- 500 million tweets are sent every day. (Tweet this).
- 148 billion is the number of Twitter timeline views in the last quarter of 2013. (Tweet this).
- 29% of Twitter users are 15-34 years old. (Tweet this).
- Katy Perry is the most followed person on Twitter with more than 53 million followers. (Tweet this).
- 76% of active Twitter users are on mobile. (Tweet this).
- 40% of users worldwide use Twitter for reading news rather than tweeting. (Tweet this)
- 16% of US adults are Twitter users. (Tweet this).
- 94% of Twitter users follow brands for discounts and promos. (Tweet this).
- 34% of marketers have generated leads using Twitter. (Tweet this).
Got any interesting Twitter facts to share? Let us know in the comments below!